Policy on distribution of CARES Grant funds to students
The U.S. Department of Education has release funds through The Corona virus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) to aid students in the Economic Impact endured by this pandemic.
La Belle Beauty Academy has received $117,035.00 and these funds will be distributed to students to help with the financial needs and the disruption of the campus operations from the COVID-19 (Corona virus). These funds must be used to cover expenses incurred during the disruption of the regular academy operations (Some of the eligible expenses are such as food, housing, technology, course materials, health care, and childcare).
Students attending La Belle Beauty Academy must meet the following criteria to qualify and receive the funds from this grant:
Section 484 of the HEA states that Title IV eligible students must:
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a degree or certificate program.
- For currently enrolled students, be making satisfactory academic progress.
- Not owe an overpayment on Title IV grants or loans.
- Not be in default on a Title IV loan.
- Be a U.S. citizen or national, permanent resident, or other eligible noncitizen.
- Have returned fraudulently obtained Title IV funds if convicted of or pled guilty or no contest to charges.
- Not have fraudulently received Title IV loans in excess of annual or aggregate limits.
- Have repaid Title IV loan amounts in excess of annual or aggregate limits if obtained inadvertently.
- Have Selective Service registration verified. (for male students)
- Have Social Security Number verified.
- Not have a federal or state conviction for drug possession or sale, with certain time limitations.
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or completion of high school in an approved home school setting.
Must be currently enrolled in a Title IV eligible program as of March 13, 2020.
- Students who took a “Leave of absence” on or after March 13, 2020 are eligible, if the reason for the leave was related to Covid-19. The school must document the specific reason for the leave of absence to show that it was Covid-19 related.
- Students who started in a Title IV program after March 13, 2020 are eligible
- Students who returned to school from a Leave of absence during the pandemic are eligible
- Students who drop after March 13, 2020 because of the pandemic are eligible. The school must have in file the specific reason for the drop to show that it was Covid-19 related.
Must be 18 years or over, or if younger, currently receiving Title IV assistance
Must have a graduation date after March 13, 2020
Students who start school after June 1, 2020 or later are not eligible for the funds.
All the students must apply for the grants funds to be eligible.
The School will divide the funds available equally among the students who meet the criteria listed above.